Saturday, June 12, 2010

Adventures in DC.

So, a short re-cap of the week.
Pretty awesome.
I only work part time as an intern,so I am at OEC Monday thru Wednesday 8:30-4:30.Wednesday was a good day, I learned a lot and had NO fiasco's getting to or from work.Learned a great deal at work about building crates to house artifacts and exhibits....so the next big question is:Will I get to touch said artifacts?
Thursday I spent most of the day with my cousin, Audrey shelping around the greater DC area.Running errands,dropping kids off at school, going to the gym,getting groceries,and ending the day with pizza and beer.A very good day if I do say so myself.
I get an email that evening from my intern coordinator telling me that my ID is ready and the next morning I hop on the metro into the city,head down to Capital Gallery,pick up my idea and head back to her place.I explored some more of the downtown DC area,and the neighborhood of Takoma Park, kind of a hippy little place,but pretty awesome.I hopped on my bike when I got home and hit the streets for a while, and came home, totally wiped out.I grew up in this heat, but I have a lot to re-learn when it comes to taking care of myself in the humidity and everything.No matter, I will get it right.
Other than that a very uneventful evening,and tonight may very well be the same, but I do not mind too much.Tomorrow, I will be exploring Georgetown!I think it will benefit me greatly if I spend Sundays exploring the city some.Hopefully that will continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment